I believe there is a value
to the human touch in dentistry, the opportunity to combine artistry to the understanding of dental materials in a manner that is customized to meet your needs. By combining modern technology with the knowledge and understanding that comes from creating exquisite results by hand, I truly enjoy watching the dental work come alive from the first introduction to the patient and their concern to the day we finish the treatment to the follow up visits to evaluate our outcome. It’s a team effort.
It is this passion that fuels the extra efforts outside of clinical practice to become a Diplomate of the American Board of Prosthodontists, to participate in a wide variety of continuing dental education courses to stay current, to learn and grow in the education process as a Visiting Faculty Member of Spear Education as well as an Adjunct Faculty in prosthodontics at Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health. I became interested in dentistry with a part time job at a dental laboratory while in high school, learned a few of the steps involved in making dentures and have been captivated by the art and the science of dentistry every since.
As our profession changes with new technology, I find that the skilled craftsman mentality that is learned while completing a prosthodontic residency is integral in the research required as well as an overall understanding of the process as we reach a ‘tipping point’ where the digital application provides a true benefit to our treatment outcomes for our patients in terms of appearance, chewing function, durability and cost.
Accomplishments and Recognitions
- February 2011 – Dr. Benting qualified as a Board Certified Prosthodontist and recognized as a Diplomat of the American Board of Prosthodontics.
- 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 Phoenix Magazine’s Top Dentists – named Top 10 Prosthodontist in the Valley
- Dr. Benting serves as a part-time faculty member at Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health.
- Dr. Benting was selected to serve as a Faculty Mentor at the world-renowned Scottsdale Center for Dentistry where he participates in hands-on education for dental professionals.
- Dr. Benting serves on the Public and Professional Relations Committee of the American College of Prosthodontists
- Dr. Benting was a guest on Channel 3 in April 2008 where he discussed computer modeling techniques which help him create personalized dental solutions for each of his patients.